Saturday 2 April 2011

Hastings Arts Forum Current Exhibitions


30 Mar – 13 Apr.
AF1. Mark Fisher (paintings) and Anthony Wynne (stained glass)
Gallery Talks both week-ends

                                                   
© Mark Fisher                                                            © Anthony Wynne

M a r k  F i s h e r. I was born in Canterbury in 1963.  I have spent most of my life in the Kent and Sussex area with the exception of 4 years in Australia and 4 years in London.  I have worked all my life in Design, originally in architecture then in the automotive industry.

I have always drawn and painted but I have also worked in ceramic and other three-D media.  I have exhibited and sold my work for the last 25 years and have recently been able to devote more time to my art. My subject usually features landscape. I am fascinated by light and tonal range and capture these elements to draw you into my work.  Rich colours and intriguing textures, enhance my distinctive and dramatic pictures. www.markfisherart.co.uk
 
Tony Wynne. Stained Glass Artist.  I live in Sedlescombe and create individual unique works of art from my home Studio.  I love working with glass as a medium and the beautiful colours it creates.  I find the textures and patterns of glass fascinating, with the reflection and refraction of light enabling me to create an eclectic range of work.  I draw my inspiration from the local area and beautiful countryside where I live.

I incorporate both traditional and contemporary aspects of stained glass work.  I undertake commissioned work  for windows, doors, mirrors, light panels, sun catchers and repair work. Currently I am creating new concepts of work to incorporate applique, stained glass mosiacs and garden art combining metal sculpture and stained glass.

30 Mar – 6 Apr. AF2. “Objects from the Id – vii”.  Phil Cosham, Peter Edwards,Tim
Riddihough, Siobhan Tanner and Rhian Thomas.

The exhibition is a mixture of found objects, clay, sculpture, oil paintings,
printmaking, mixed media and film.
                               




No comments:

Post a Comment